DATATRAC: Drug Stores and HBC Chains – March 2016
• AmerisourceBergen announced Steven Collis was elected as Chairman, succeeding Richard Gozon.
• Diplomat Pharmacy announced Atheer Kaddis has been appointed Executive VP Sales and Strategic Alignment and Lance Neill has been made the company’s Senior VP Corporate Services.
• The National Association of Chain Drug Stores announced the appointment of Vonnie Hampel as Director Federal Government Affairs. The association also announced the promotion of Vishal Bhatia to the position of VP Information Services/Information Services Security Officer.
Mergers and Acquisitions
• McKesson announced its agreement to acquire Rexall Health from Katz Group. The acquisition is expected to close in late 2016.
• Rite Aid Corporation selected the Tri-Tip Walking Cane, an ergonomic walking cane, as the winner of the first-ever Innovation Challenge and will develop and sell it in Rite Aid stores and online later this year.
• Providence Health & Services opened its first Walgreens health clinics, called Swedish Express Care, in Washington.
• Pharmasave announced the planned opening of seven new locations in Ontario in the first quarter of 2016, as well as several other locations in the planning stages for late spring openings.
• Ritzman Pharmacy and Northeast Ohio Medical Center’s “Pharmacy of the Future” collaboration opened March 7. The Ritzman Pharmacy at NEOMED opened at the center’s Education and Wellness Center.
• Ulta Beauty plans to open 100 new stores this year.