DATATRAC: Home Center and Hardware Chains – March 2016
• Beacon Roofing Supply announced the hiring of Gregory Jorgensen as VP Chief Accounting Officer. Mr. Jorgenson will join the company on 3/28/2016.
• House-Hasson Hardware announced three promotions: Steve Henry promoted from Manager Credit to Senior VP, Patrick McCutcheon promoted from Regional Manager to VP Sales and Jayson Monroe was promoted from Merchandising Manager to VP Merchandising.
• Lumber Liquidators announce the hiring of Dennis R. Knowles as COO.
• Lumbermens Merchandising announced the hiring of Paul Ryan as Senior VP Finance & Technology. He takes the place of Dave Gonze who will be retiring after 38 years in April.
• Mills Fleet Farm announced that Duncan Mac Naughton will become the new CEO effective upon the closer of the acquiring of global investment firm KKR. The company also announced that Hugh Leasum will assume the position of COO.
• Snavely Forest Products announced the hiring of Bill Georgelis as Senior Sales & Marketing Manager.
• Tractor Supply announced the promotion of Benjamin F. Parrish, Jr. to Executive VP General Counsel, Real Estate and Construction and the promotion of Kurt D. Barton to Senior VP Controller.
• True Value announced the promotion of Heath Ashenfelter from VP Merchandising to VP Chief Merchandising Officer.
• 84 Lumber has a new line of tiny homes ‘Tiny Living by 84 Lumber”. The new line of tiny homes measure approximately 200 square feet and are custom built. The homes come in a variety of styles from cottage to high-end modern design.
• Lowes announced they expect to open 45 new locations in fiscal year 2016. As of 1/29/2016. Lowe’s operated 1,857 locations in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
• MarJam is expanding into Long Island. The kitchen and flooring showroom is located in Riverhead at 58 Mill Rd. The company combined the two locations from Greenport (kitchen showroom) and Mattituck (flooring showroom) to make the combo location.
• Ace Hardware announced sales of $5.0 billion for Fiscal Year End (FYE) 1/2/2016. This is a 7.3 percent increase over fiscal year 2014. Ace Hardware operates 4,311 locations as of FYE 1/2/2016.
•Huttig Building Products announced sales of $659.6 million for Fiscal Year End (FYE) 12/31/2015. This is a 6% increase over FYE 2014.
• Lowes announced sales of $59.1 billion for Fiscal Year End (FYE) 1/29/2016. This is a 5.1 percent increase over FYE 2014. Lowe’s operated 1,857 locations in the U.S., Canada and Mexico as of 1/29/2016.
• Lumber Liquidators announced sales of $978.8 million for Fiscal Year End (FYE) 12/31/2015. Lumber Liquidators operated 374 in the U.S. and Canada as of 12/31/2015.
• Restoration Hardware announced sales of $2.1 billion for Fiscal Year End (FYE) 1/30/2016. This is a 13% increase over last fiscal year.
• The Home Depot announced sales of $88.5 billion for Fiscal Year End (FYE) 1/31/2016. This is a 6.4 percent increase over FYE 2014. The Home Depot operated 2,274 locations as of 1/31/2016.