DATATRAC: Drug Stores and HBC Chains – May 2016
• AmerisourceBergen announced that David Neu, Exec VP Retail Strategy and President of Good Neighbor Pharmacy, will retire in the summer of 2016.
• Birchbox has named Terre Layton as Global VP of Product Management and User Experience. In addition, Fran Gaitanarous was named as VP of Creative.
• Diplomat Pharmacy announced that Jennifer Hagerman had been promoted to the company’s VP Education and Quality.
• Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. announced Helayna Minsk was recently named group VP Walgreens Global Brands.
Mergers and Acquisitions
• Diplomat Pharmacy announced the planned acquisition of TNH Advanced Specialty Pharmacy.
• General Nutrition Centers, Inc. announced plans to sell 84 company-owned locations to Sun Holdings which currently has over 600 franchise locations, mostly in the restaurant industry.
• Benzer Pharmacy announced that it had received specialty pharmacy accreditation from the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC).
• CVS Health launched a new flagship line of more than 2,500 health and wellness products under the CVS Health banner.
• GNC Holdings announced that its board of directors is considering a possible sale of the company.
• Smith Drug Co. announced that it would be partnering with Diplomat Pharmacy to offer its customers specialty pharmacy services through the Diplomat Retail Specialty Network.