DATATRAC: Home Center and Hardware Chains – May 2016
• 84 Lumber promoted Rich Scalise to Director of Inventory Management and Tom McCartney to VP Human Resources.
• Do It Best has promoted Jason Hipskind to Manager of Regional Sales and Business Development.
• Tractor Supply has promoted Steve Barbarick to President while continuing as Chief Merchandising Officer.
• Alexander Lumber is celebrating its 125th anniversary. The family owned business has 20 locations and will be celebrating throughout all locations.
• Friedman’s Home Improvement is celebrating their 70th anniversary throughout the company’s four locations.
• Lowe’s is one step closer to acquiring RONA. Lowe’s has received approval under the Investment Canada Act and clearance from the Competition Bureau. The closing of the transaction should take place on May 20th, 2016.
• Marv’s True Value Building Center is celebrating their 50th anniversary with in-store events and sales on May 20th and 21st, 2016.
Mergers and Acquisitions
• Cedar Creek has acquired UBS (Universal Building Specialties) of Lakeland, FL.; this brings the company’s total location count to 26 in 35 states.
• Costello’ Ace Hardware has opened their largest location yet. The new location is in Lincoln Park, NY at 261 Comly Rd. and is 30,000 sq. ft.
• Sears Holdings has opened a new test format store in Ft Collins, CO; the new format Sears Appliances is 10,000 sq. ft. and is offering the top 10 appliance brands and interactive kitchen design displays.