DATATRAC: Retail and Foodservice Technology – May 2016
• Kohl’s is now the first retailer to begin offering a loyalty reward program in conjunction with the Apple Pay mobile payment application.
• 1-800-Flowers has implemented an artificial intelligence-powered shopping experience with a beta version of ‘GWYN’; GWYN is an IBM-Watson based Fluid Expert Personal Shopper (XPS) software platform.
• Amazon Inc. has broadened its Prime Now on-demand delivery service beyond only its smartphone app to include the company’s e-commerce site.
• BJ’s Wholesale Club is utilizing Revionics’ price suite for merchandise optimization and pricing assortment.
• IKEA is testing a mobile application feature to help decrease checkout time by generating QR codes for products in shoppers’ carts.
• Tractor Supply Co. is benefiting from a mid-2015 switch from a server-based infrastructure running Windows and UNIX to a Web-scale architecture. As a result, the retailer can better predict the future cost of growth.
• Raley’s Supermarkets is making a number of upgrades to enhance its digital customer experience, including launching a new e-commerce platform with mobile interface and personalized service for digital users.