DATATRAC: Discount and Specialty Stores – June 2016
• Best Buy named Corie Barry CFO and Asheesh Saksena Chief Strategic Growth Officer.
• Jo-Ann Stores announced the promotion of Chris DiTullio to Senior VP of Marketing and Omnichannel.
• Michaels announced that CFO and CAO Charles M. Sonsteby has also become the Vice Chairman.
• Staples announced that Chairman and CEO Ron Sargent has left the company. Shira Goodman President of North American Operations will serve as Interim CEO until a replacement is found.
• Target announced the hiring of Mark Tritton as Chief Merchandising Officer. Also: Jason Goldberger, President of Target.com added the title of Chief Digital Officer.
• Toys “R” Us announced the hiring of Lance Wills as Global CTO and Exec VP.
• Wayfair Inc. announced the hiring of Chad Ghosn as VP IT Infrastructure and Security.
• Amazon expanded their one hour restaurant deliveries to Atlanta and Miami for Prime members.
• Walmart will begin testing grocery delivery service in Denver and Phoenix; for a small fee, customers will be able to order from the Walmart website and have their groceries delivered.
• Amazon announced plans to open three new fulfillment centers. The new locations are in Eastvale, CA, Tracy, CA and Joliet, IL. Both locations in California are approximately one million square feet and the location in Illinois is 700,000 square feet.
• Barnes & Noble has added 23 new campus and virtual bookstores to their Barnes & Noble Education’s collegiate bookstore business.
• Five Below has entered into Oklahoma with two stores opening this month. At this time, Five Below has 450 locations in 29 states and plans to open 85 new locations in 2016.