DATATRAC: Drug Stores and HBC Chains – June 2016
• The Little Clinic named Marc Watkins Chief Medical Officer.
• Walgreens Boots Alliance announced Alex Gourlay and Ornella Barra have been appointed to the role of co-COOs. The company also announced Simon Roberts will leave the company in July. Elizabeth Fagan is being appointed as Senior VP and Managing Director.
• Fred’s Inc. is rolling out more TelehealthONE walk-in kiosks to locations across Mississippi. The kiosks will be in Union, Pelahatchie, Carthage, Morton, Jackson, Pearl, Clinton, Lexington and Terry.
• Genoa, a QoL Healthcare Company recently opened its 300th pharmacy.
• Healthcare Distribution Management Association announced that the organization has changed its name to Healthcare Distribution Alliance.
• Rite Aid Corp. is opening a new distribution center in Spartanburg, SC.
• Smith Drug Co. announced that it would be partnering with Diplomat Pharmacy to offer its customers specialty pharmacy services through the Diplomat Retail Specialty Network.
• Thrifty White Pharmacy announced recently that it had partnered with Diplomat Pharmacy to expand their current specialty agreement to include Thrifty White’s affiliate pharmacy program.
• Benzer Pharmacy announced the launch of a new website offering durable medical equipment, benzermedicalequipment.com. The site includes a selection of such DME products as daily living aids, casting supplies, diabetes care, edema products, wheelchair accessories and more.
• CVS Health announced the introduction of its new digital tool that allows patients to see wait times at most MinuteClinic locations and hold a place in line using their smartphone, computer or tablet.