DATATRAC: Home Center and Hardware Chains – June 2016
• Rent-A-Center announced Angela Yochem as Senior VP Information Technology and CIO.
• Wayfair Inc. announced the hiring of Chad Ghosn as VP IT Infrastructure and Security.
Mergers and Acquisitions
• Beacon Roofing Supply has acquired Woodfeathers, Inc. of Portland, OR. The acquisition includes four residential roofing and related product branches in OR and WA.
• Sherwin Williams will acquire Valspar Corp. for $11.3 billion. The acquisition is expected to be finalized by first quarter of 2017. Once the acquisition is complete Sherwin Williams will become the largest paint company in the U.S.
• U.S. LBM Holdings acquired Raymond Building Supply of Florida. U.S. LBM Holdings now has 30 locations in Florida and a total of 227 locations in 27 states.
• Bomgaars opened a new location in Burlington, CO. The family owned company now has 79 locations in seven different states: Iowa, Colorado, Idaho, Nebraska, Minnesota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
• Ikea has broken ground on a new 355,000 square foot location in Ohio. This is the second location in Ohio for Ikea and should open by summer 2017.
• Short & Paulk has opened the company’s fifth location in Cuthbert, GA. There was a fundraiser held during the grand opening celebration to benefit the Randolph 4-H group.
• Tractor Supply will add a location in Hartland, MI at Hartland Plaza. The 24,000 square foot Tractor Supply location will take over the former site of Foodtown.
• Westlake Hardware will open another location in Seagoville, TX. The grand opening for the new 10,700 square foot location will take place on July 15th -17th. This is the company’s 11th location in TX. Westlake Hardware operates 92 locations in IA, KS, MO, NE, NM, OK and TX.