DATATRAC: Retail and Foodservice Technology – June 2016
• Chick-fil-A has launched a new mobile application that allows customers to pre-order and pre-pay, customize meals, and skip in-store lines.
• Dunkin’ Donuts has rolled out its new mobile application nationally that will allow loyalty members to skip lines while ordering and paying ahead of time.
• Wingstop is rolling out a new social ordering platform through Twitter and Facebook Messenger enabling customers to message the retailer directly and start the ordering process by sending the word ‘order.’
• Wingstop has integrated a new POS system in its restaurants that makes online ordering more efficient. Previously, employees had to run a laptop and print every order; now, online orders are sent directly to the POS system and back of the house.
• Petco will integrate Toshiba’s Global Commerce Solutions as a new POS solution at its 1,400+ retail stores.
• Tops Friendly Markets has replaced its outdated POS terminals with the Toshiba SurePOS ACE POS application at its 170+ stores.