DATATRAC: Drug Stores and HBC Chains – July 2016
• Cardinal Health Inc. announced the addition of Pamela O. Kimmet as the company’s new Chief Human Resources Officer. She replaces Carole Watkins, who recently retired.
• Walmart Canada has appointed Lee Tappenden, COO, to the position of President and CEO.
Mergers and Acquisitions
• The Kroger Co. announced an agreement for Axium Pharmacy Holdings to acquire the outstanding shares of Modern HC Holdings, a leading specialty pharmacy, to create a combined specialty pharmacy that will operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kroger.
• McKesson Health Solutions has expanded its portfolio to include ClarityQx value-based payment technology through the acquisition of HealthQX.
• McKesson and Change Healthcare Holdings announced the creation of a new healthcare information technology company. The entity will combine substantially all of Change Healthcare’s business and the majority of McKesson Technology Solutions into a new company.
• MinuteClinic announced the addition of several new travel-related services and immunizations to its offerings. Patients can see a MinuteClinic employee for a pre-travel risk assessment and educational information.
• ShopKo Stores Operating Co. LLC announced it is rolling out higi stations across its 376 stores. The full rollout is slated for completion in October.
• Walgreens Boots Alliance announced that it has signed an agreement to create a Boots branded pharmacy-led, health and beauty retail franchise in South Korea.