DATATRAC: Retail and Foodservice Technology – July 2016
• Dunkin’ Donuts new mobile application is now available nationally. Functionality includes the order and pay ahead feature for loyalty members.
• Pizza Hut will introduce a new social ordering platform through Facebook Messenger and Twitter, the company announced. Later this fall, a ‘chatbot’ will provide conversational social ordering for the pizza chain.
• Wingstop, a 900+ unit fast-casual chain, introduced a Conversable ordering platform on Twitter and Facebook Messenger.
• Walmart Stores Inc. has enabled its Walmart Pay digital payment service across its entire U.S. store network. Announced in December 2015, the initial rollout began in May 2016; it’s the only form of digital payment currently accepted at Walmart.
• McKesson and Chain Healthcare Holdings announced a newly formed entity that will combine both company’s respective healthcare information technology functions.
Supermarket & Convenience
• 7-Eleven has partnered with UPS to offer ‘smart locker’ programs at 300 locations nationwide. Online retailers use the locker delivery addresses into their Web checkout process to provide customers with nearby delivery options.
Apparel & Department
• Nordstrom Inc. has purchased a minority stake in DC Co. The Utah-based company offers supply chain software that links inventory management between suppliers and retailers.