DATATRAC: Home Center and Hardware Chains – August 2016
• BMC Stock Holdings hired Carey Phelps as Director of Investor Relations.
• Do it Best Corp. announced the retirement of VP Sales and Business Development Jay Brown effective December 31st 2016.
• Guardian Building Products announced that President and CEO Thomas Highley retired while Jim Becker was appointed President and COO.
• hhgregg Inc promoted VP of Marketing Chris Sutton to Senior VP of Marketing. In addition, the company named Andrew Terry Senior VP of Merchandising for Appliances, Mabelle Lim VP of Merchandising for Home Décor and Matt Phillips Senior VP of Merchandising for Electronics.
• House-Hasson Hardware named Wayne Swaggerty Manager of Operations and Mike Kintz Manager of Receiving at its Knoxville Warehouse.
• US LBM Holding promoted Director of Supply Chain Optimization Young Nam to the newly created role of VP Pricing and Procurement.
• Weyerhaeuser Distribution promoted Brad Brubaker to Area General Manager of its Carolinas Distribution Center. The company also hired Jonathan Cohen as Area General Manager for Colorado and Jason Thomas as Sales Manager for its distribution center in Easton, PA.
• World and Main announced the promotion of Bryan Yeazel to CEO and President.
• Lowe’s is building a new 1.1 million square foot direct fulfillment center in Nashville, TN. This facility will be the first center for Lowe’s that will ship packages direct to customers. The new center is expected to be open and operational by the third quarter of 2018 and will create up to 600 jobs in Coopertown.
• Zeeland Lumber & Supply opened their sixth location in Mishawaka, IN.
• Do it Best Corp announced FYE 2016 sales ended 6/25/2016 of $3.02 billion. This is a 1% increase from the previous FYE. Do it Best serves more than 3,800 member owned and operated locations.