DATATRAC: Drug Stores and HBC Chains – October 2016
• CVS Health is rolling out its Express Curbside service to 4,000 stores nationwide.
• Fred’s Inc. announced that its specialty pharmacy, Eiris Health Services has a new name. It will be known as EntrustRx.
• Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation announced it will provide audio prescription information for sight-impaired customers. Auditory labeling will be provided free of charge at all of its locations in British Columbia, Canada.
Mergers and Acquisitions
• Loblaw Companies Limited announced its acquisition of QHR, the leading electronic medical records platform in Canada.
• Benzer Pharmacy announced that it has opened its first pharmacy in Oklahoma through its franchise model. The new location is in Poteau, OK.
• Genoa, a QoL Healthcare Company announced its first pharmacy in New York state, bringing the company’s total to 330 pharmacies.