DATATRAC: Drug Stores and HBC Chains – November 2016
• Diplomat Pharmacy has announced Paul Urick as the company’s new President.
Mergers and Acquisitions
• Walgreens Boots Alliance and Rite Aid Corp. announced that they have mutually agreed to extend the end date of their merger agreement. The companies now expect the transaction will close in early 2017.
• The Bartell Drug Company has been selected as Amazon.com Inc.’s first drug store partner for Prime Now, which will offer one- and two-hour delivery of thousands of products from Bartell Drug stores in the Seattle, WA area.
• Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. announced the start of its new Ship to Store program that will allow its customers to pick up online and mobile app orders in-store.
• Benzer Pharmacy announced that it has opened its first store in Arkansas.
• CVS Health announced it is launching its mobile payment solution, CVS Pay, on a national basis. CVS Pay works in CVS Pharmacy stores only and is not yet available at CVS Pharmacy in Target locations.