DATATRAC: Home Center and Hardware Chains – November 2016
• Boise Cascade promoted Tom Hoffmann to VP of Operations for Building Materials Distribution.
• Builders FirstSource named Peter Jackson as Senior VP and CFO.
• Do it Best Corp. announced that Nick Talarico will take over for the retiring Jay Brown as VP of Sales and Business Development.
• Lowe’s promoted Chief Merchandising Officer Michael McDermott to the position of Chief Customer Officer.
• Lumber Liquidators CEO John Presley resigned, and the company promoted COO Dennis Knowles to the position.
• PRO Group promoted Shari Kalbach to VP, a position within which she will head marketing and merchandising efforts.
• The Sherwin-Williams Co. announced that Allen Mistysyn, current Senior VP and Controller, will become CFO effective January 1, 2017. Current CFO Sean Hennessy will transition to the position of Senior VP Corporate Planning, Development and Administration.
• Weyerhaeuser Company named Devin Stockfish as VP Western Timberlands and Kristy Harlan as Senior VP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary.
• The Home Depot is still killing it. Q3 numbers: Net sales up 6.1% from the same period a year ago with same store sales in the US up 5.9%. Online sales up 17%, and they even opened a store.
Mergers and Acquisitions
• ABC Supply Co. finalized its purchase of L&W Supply from USG Corporation.
• Parr Lumber Co. acquired single-unit Country Homes Building Supply in Spokane, WA.
• True Value Company announced that the Hardware Group PR has entered the fold, bringing with it 23 stores and 15 members and establishing a True Value presence in Puerto Rico.
• Westlake Ace Hardware opened its 20th greater Kansas City area store.