DATATRAC: Retail and Foodservice Technology – November 2016
• Bravo Brio Restaurant Group Inc. is hoping that online ordering and delivery services will help sales to turnaround at its Bravo! Cucina Italiana and Brio Tuscan Grill restaurants.
• BurgerFi believes the integration of ordering kiosks will help to improve order accuracy and differentiate itself in a crowded competitive landscape.
• Shake Shack recently launched Shack App, a new online mobile application that includes a test of mobile ordering at a New York location.
Supermarket & Convenience
• California Fresh Market, a new grocery store that opened in San Luis Obispo, CA features a system that enables customers to use an app helping to skip checkout lines. The system from company FutureProof Retail allows shoppers to sum their items as they shop and then pay by scanning QR codes with their mobile devices.
• Tom Thumb, an operating division of Albertsons, is now offering grocery delivery services in the Dallas-Fort Worth, TX area. Through a relationship with its parent company, customers can order groceries online using the Tom Thumb delivery app.
• Wakefern Food is now accepting Chase Pay at its ShopRite and Fresh Grocers banners and websites. While competing with Apple Pay and Google Wallet, the mobile payment system also integrates with retailers’ loyalty programs.
• Newegg is now offering an order pickup service through a partnership with FedEx to compete with Amazon’s pickup points and lockers.
• CVS Health will now roll out its mobile payment solution, CVS Pay, on a national basis after a successful test.