DATATRAC: Drug Stores and HBC Chains – January 2017
• Fruth Pharmacy Inc. made some personnel announcements, promoting Drew Massey to Director Pharmacy Operations, promoting John Galvan to VP Operations, and hiring Andy Becker as Director Pharmacy Administration.
• Hy-Vee Inc. announced that Mike Agostino will assume the role of VP Pharmacy Innovation and Business Development. Aaron Wiese will replace Agostino as President of Amber Pharmacy. The company also announced Julie Zatizabal was promoted to Senior VP Trade Relations, Micaila Ruiz was promoted to Chief Pharmacy Officer, Jo Ann Hyres was named Senior VP Sales and Marketing, and Peggy Tomes was named Senior VP Reimbursement and Billing.
• McKesson Canada announced it appointed Domenic Pilla as CEO of the company.
• The National Association of Specialty Pharmacy has named Rebecca Shanahan as President and Mike Agostino as President-elect.
Mergers and Acquisitions
• Genoa, a QoL Healthcare Company announced the acquisition of Advanced Pharmacy Solutions. With the acquisition, Genoa will serve 50 additional clinics.
• Albertson’s LLC announced that its accreditation status for its Albertsons Specialty Care services has been approved by the Accreditation Commission for Health, making it the largest national food and drug chain with this accreditation and an in-house specialty care service for pharmacy patients.
• L’Occitane Inc. has gone high-tech in its New York City flagship. The store features the brand’s first “smart beauty fitting room,” where shoppers can discover and personalize their shopping experience, along with other amenities that range from sparkling water to fragrance engraving and custom gift creation.
• Walgreens Boots Alliance is piloting a retail vision care center within the Walgreens flagship in the Wrigley Building in Chicago, IL. The new Walgreens Optical offers comprehensive eye exams from fully-licensed optometrists and opticians.
• Walgreens Boots Alliance announced a long-term alliance agreement with FedEx Corp. that will offer convenient access to FedEx drop off and pickup services.