DATATRAC: Home Center and Hardware Chains – January 2017
• Ace Hardware Corp. VP of Distribution Rick Whitson retired.
• Busy Beaver Corporation promoted Adam Gunnett to Director of IT.
• Mills Fleet Farm has named Wayne Sales, a member of the company’s Board, as its Interim CEO.
• Lowe’s is said to be close to embarking on a limited number of layoffs according to CNBC reports.
• Sears Holdings will sell the Craftsman brand to tool giant Stanley Black & Decker.
Mergers and Acquisitions
• Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. acquired American Building & Roofing, Inc. of Washington state and Eco Insulation Supply of Connecticut in separate deals.
• Dunn-Edwards agreed to merge with Nippon Paints Holdings. Dunn-Edwards leadership will remain in place and it will be “business as usual” according to the company. The move provides Nippon Paints with a partner to grow its presence in the US.
• The Tile Shop entered the Washington, DC market for the first time with the opening of a new store.
• Tractor Supply Co. plans to expand its Waverly, NE distribution center and open a new store adjacent to the DC.