DATATRAC: Drug Stores and HBC Chains – February 2017
• Fred’s Inc. has named Gregory Froton as Senior VP Merchandising, General Merchandise, promoted Kimberley Felice-Dooley to Senior VP Merchandising, Consumables, and appointed Steve Wuebker as Senior VP Supply Chain.
• Rite Aid Corporation has named Ken Black Senior VP and Chief Human Resources Officer. He will succeed Dedra Castle, who is leaving the company.
• Southeastern Grocers announced it has tapped Gayle Shields to be its new VP Pharmacy.
• Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. announced its CIO, Abhi Dhar, is leaving the company. The retailer is also losing its Chief Merchandising and Marketing Officer, Linda Filler, who will depart April 1.
• Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. is launching a new holding company, Ulta Beauty Inc. All outstanding shares of common stock will automatically convert, and the stock will continue to trade under the “ULTA” ticker.
• Benzer Pharmacy recently opened its first stores in California, Colorado and Texas through its franchise model.
• Giant Food Stores LLC reopened a store in Fairfax, VA, featuring a pilot for pick-up point technology at its full-service pharmacy. The new technology utilizes LED lights to create a more efficient method of retrieving prescriptions.