DATATRAC: Retail and Foodservice Technology – March 2017
• Walmart’s new Supercenter in Texas will be its third store to feature the company’s new Scan & Go mobile app. The store will also have a Chobani Cafe location, a new layout, curb-side delivery and the Houston area’s first Walmart Care Clinic.
• Walmart is instituting a click-and-collect program in Muskego, WI.
• CaliBurger, a QSR chain, is testing a new burger flipping robot that it plans to institute in at least 50 worldwide locations by 2019.
• McDonald’s Corp. is planning to add mobile ordering and payment, along with curbside service, to its entire US store base by the end of 2018. The company plans to have 2,500 locations with kiosks by the end of this year, with hopes of having most of its US store base housing kiosks by 2020.
• SpartanNash will test a click-and-collect e-commerce service at one of its Fresh Fare stores. With a successful pilot, the company plans to roll out the service at 25 retail locations by year-end.
• Wegmans Food Markets is upgrading its POS solutions to enable chip-reading technology at all of its stores.