DATATRAC: Home Center and Hardware Chains – April 2017
• 84 Lumber appointed Paul Yater CIO.
• Ace Hardware Corp. named Maya Shultz as its Product Innovation Lead.
• Ace Hardware Corp. promoted Kerilyn Johnson to VP, General Counsel and Secretary.
• Ace Hardware Corp. named Mark Spanswick as President and General Manager of Ace Wholesale Holdings LLC.
• House-Hasson Hardware promoted Steve Henry to Exec VP. The company also recently named Jamey Merritt as a new Regional Manager (Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Florida).
• True Value Company named David Elliott as Senior VP of Marketing.
• Ferguson Enterprises Inc. parent company Wolseley plc is changing its name to Ferguson plc.
• US Lumber (Duluth, GA) took on private equity investor Madison Dearborn Partners.
Mergers and Acquisitions
• BMC Stock Holdings acquired Texas Plywood & Lumber Co. and Code Plus Components.
• Foundation Building Materials acquired the specialty building products division of Irwin Builders Supply Corporation.
• McLendon Hardware Inc. (Renton, WA) will become part of Central Network Retail Group. The McLendon name will remain on the stores, and the company will be managed by Gail and Mike McLendon.
• Sherwin-Williams and Valspar have extended the deadline for a deal that would see Sherwin-Williams acquire Velspar. The new deadline is June 21, 2017.
• 84 Lumber opened a store in Riverhead, NY. The company has upcoming store openings in Boston, Durham, San Antonio and Tampa.
• Deep’s Hardware (Danbury, CT) has closed with the retirement of store owner Jack Deep.
• Grange Co-Op True Value opened its ninth location (Yuba City, CA).